No LBC -- VW Rant

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No LBC -- VW Rant
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:07:38 -0600
Not too much of a rant, just a bit disappointed in the quality of the brake
rotors.
With a lousy 40,000 miles on the clock, the rear pads are gone and the front
pads have a lot of meat left, but one of the rotors is trashed. I can
understand rotors wearing out when you run the pads out, but these weren't
even close to the metal. Yes, they are semi-metallic, but none of my
semi-metallics before have done this. Looks like the Germans are buying
dung-forged rotors! Next thing you know, Frank won't be able to buy Bosch,
either.
David Lieb
2002 GTi VR6