eBay Scammer??

To: turbo Digest The SAAB <turbo@ifound.com>, "(YahooGroups) vSAAB"
Subject: eBay Scammer??
From: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:20:34 -0600
`Ok,

so I've been looking at some eBay folks and have noticed a pattern:

        VERY low priced desirable item: Computer, camera, phone, etc.

        High positive feedback: 500's or more with a 98% or better  rating

        Actual history includes odd things: Lots of sales/purchases from one
bidder/seller, all the items sold were for 1 or 2 dollars (bits of
yarn, pan scrubbers, soap flakes) and the purchasers/sellers
reciprocated.

Does anyone know or have heard of this?  It allows all the parties to
have an inflated positive feedback without (potentially) costing much
or (potentially) having any transfer of funds.  (Imagine if I sell a
1 dollar item the cost to me is pennies paying eBay)  This also means
that when they sell/buy a "REAL" item with negative feedback the
effect is minimal ( 1 negative in 500 positive doesn't change the
percentage much).

Did I miss a memo or am I being paranoid?

Lester