Engine Stablizer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Stablizer
From: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:39:37 -0500
This is probably a question for Paul A, but here goes. Here's a Morris
Minor engine compartment picture that shows an engine stabliizer - a link
from a head bolt to the frame to keep torque roll to a minimum. I'm
wondering if the link was original to the MM or added later? Is that
something the mainly benefits racers or does it contribute anything useful
(noticeable) to a road car? It's the same engine as in our Spridgets, but I
don't see the link used on Spridgets. Why not?

http://www.pbase.com/redtop/image/47741841

Tim Collins
Midland, MI
1966 AH Sprite