Question concerning Midget Chrome

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Midget Sprite Group"
Subject: Question concerning Midget Chrome
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:18:02 -0600
A question for those of you who are struggling with cabin fever ...

My 1968 MKIII Midget has what appears to be an odd chrome assortment
on it. It has the chrome stripe (spear) down the center of the bonnet,
but does not have the chrome strips on either side running from front
to rear. In looking through many pictures of Midgets around that time
frame I have not seen one with this particular arrangement.  I don't
think anything has been changed since new as the paint appears to be
entirely original as does all the body work. Perhaps it was
manufactured at the juncture where the chrome strips went away so it
got a bonnet with the chrome but none on the body??  Any thoughts??

Merry Christmas to all!!
Jim