62 Sprite

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 62 Sprite
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:10:14 -0500
Hi Norm,
My apologies for not answering sooner. I've been reading rules and
thinking about whether this purchase fits my needs. While I would love
to have it if I could use it as is, it is not prepared to the limit of
SCCA production car rules any longer, and I would have to do major
changes no matter which direction I take, SCCA or vintage. HSR looks
interesting as a place to run what you brung, but for my investment I'd
like to be able to race with any group. SVRA looks good to me, and I may
join there soon for some of their other benefits. Since I am leaning
toward vintage it makes more sense to find something more suitable, or
build one from the parts I've been collecting. I have a 67 Midget on a
rotisserie that I swore would be restored for the street, but it was
going to be a resto/mod from the beginning, and it may now be time to
concede that it's really a race car that can always be converted back to
street use. You don't really need two street Midgets anyway, do you? If
I've learned anything from this latest distraction it's that nothing
motivates me like a race car.  I be needing some more parts...
John
Fogelsville, PA