Re: front disk brake conversion

To: "Weber, Chris" <cweber@advanced-input.com>
Subject: Re: front disk brake conversion
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 21:52:25 -0500
Weber, Chris wrote:

> I have been told you need  lower A arms, kingpins, swing axels, rotors
> calipers.
>
> And I have also been told I only really need the swing axels, rotors and
> calipers.

The king pins are different from drum to disc brakes.
You do not need the A arms but if you are grabbing all the parts off a
donor car, it's easier to unbolt or cut off the A arms and take the
whole works.
Never reuse old rubber brake hoses, drum vs disc hoses are different and
  the hoses are cheap enough. Most hoses have a dat of manufacture
embossed on them. If they are 10 years old, replace them.
If there is no date on them, they are original to the car cut them off
and throw them away. Once you have a brake line pop while approaching a
toll booth at 70 mph, you will understand.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ