Re: Fuel Gauge Working, Rear End Not Growling Anymore, and A Q?

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge Working, Rear End Not Growling Anymore, and A Q?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:27:42 -0500
I had a few noisy rear ends in the past.
A simple cure is to put a cup of cedar saw dust in the diff.
Yeah it's a cheap way out but it quietes down the rear until you get a
new one or get the old one fixed.
Cedar is a high oil wood and a soft wood. It holds oil and will not harm
any metal parts. think of it as sound deadening for the diff.
I had a sprite back in the 70s running sawdust for many years.
Cross cut sawdust is better than rip saw dust. Redwood and teak are also
good high oil softwoods. Oak, ash, maple are no good.
Pine will work if you must.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ