Re: *Re: Katrina, Malbu and other desasters (absolutely no LBC)

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, arakelianp@mossmotors.com,
Subject: Re: *Re: Katrina, Malbu and other desasters (absolutely no LBC)
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 01:02:13 -0600
On 1/13/07, David C. <dlancer7676@peoplepc.com> wrote:
<snip>

> One answer would be to give your bucks to the LOCAL Red Cross chapter instead
>of the > National chapter.

Thank you, David.  I will remember that suggestion.

Given the bureaucratic inertia of organizations the size of the Red
Cross (and of our federal government for that matter) I suppose it is
not surprising that certain parts of the many headed hydra can be
badly fouled up.  That is certainly true of the government agency I
worked for until me recent retirement.

All you really need to bugger the purpose of an aid society is one or
two jackii who ignore the purpose of the agency and focus intently on
the letter of the regulations. I am willing to concede that my
previous Red Cross experiences may have been tainted by faulty local
managers and that the agency itself is noble and good.

Still, given my experiences, it is very difficult to get over the foul
taste left in my mouth which reflects on the agency as a whole. Please
let your superiors know that they have a lot of cleaning up to do and
that the deficiencies are obvious. .

Cheers!!
Jim