Interesting Test Drive

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "bugeye@yahoogroups.com"
Subject: Interesting Test Drive
From: Jim Rogers <JARplanner@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:02:17 -0800
I took my Bugeye up to Bill Gilcrease (he built my 1380 engine) last
week, as it was suddenly not running well & I just did not have time to
track down the problem (MSD coil melted hte plastic cam in distributor).

Bill & I decided to take the Bugeye for a test drive. Bill did the
driving first since he knows the streets - I forgot that Bill is a
racecar driver! He runs a highly modifid Mini in the GT5(?) class. I
didn't know my Bugeye could do some of things he was doing! We going
down the streets shifting just under the redline, tossing the Bugeye
sideways into the next lane to pass slower cars, taking some corners at
speed! HAD A BLAST!!

I now realize I have been much too gentle on my car. Time to blow the
gunk out!

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA