Plinth Placement?

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Plinth Placement?
From: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:25:40 -0800
I just received a front number / license plate mounting plinth (XOPB109) from
the fine folks at AH Spares. The bolt holes weren't pre-drilled and I am
wondering how "far forward" it should be mounted.

For example, if I put the "trailing" edge of the plinth flush with the inner
underside edge of the bonnet it will be standing proud of the bonnet by about
3/8 of an inch or so. Were these plinths intended to be flush with the front
of the bonnet, or ....?,_._,___

This is about the last thing that needs to be taken care of before I drag the
bonnet off to the body shop so I'm guessing I should be making a decision
before too much longer.

Thanks in advance,
Pete