Re: Ignition switch problem

To: Robert <lists@woozy.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition switch problem
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 0:18:20 -0500
Assuming that your Midget is a newer model with the locking steering column, it
could well be the locking tab that raises up when you turn the key to the off
position. I have seen them get gunked up to the point where they don't retract
and won't let you turn the key all the way to the start position.

If your steering wheel is locked and won't release you will probably have to
drop the column and pull the ignition housing. You can clean it up and get it
working again so much easier if it is off of the car. We can give you some step
by step instructions if it comes to that.

Let us know!
Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - trailerparked queen