The 58 Runs but

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 58 Runs but
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:35:21 -0500
It runs and runs very well. the tranny seems to be fine but the car is
still on stands with no wheels so all I could do was go thru the gears
up and down a few times.
Oil is 60 psi, temp is 155* Carbs were real close by the book and are
now perfect. I even got the dizzy drive in right the first time.
Now for the instant problems.....
Why does the front float bowl spray (alot) of gas when I rev up the
engine? It has a new seat. it does not leak any other time.
Why did my speedo cable break or stop working after 2 tenths of a mile?
Why must I manualy engage the voltage regulator every 3rd time I fire up
the engine? It is  NOS genuine Lucas England.
Why does my tach drive generator sound like a rod knocking but only with
the tach drive screwed on?
How do you make a cable driven tach quieter?, not the gauge, the cable
and it's new.
Why does my fresh rebuilt brake master weep fluid? It is DOT 5 so no
paint damage but I guess it has a score in a bore.
Other than those minor troubles, all is pretty good.
I do want to redesign the E-brake rod system as I am running later
Spridget rear brakes with later E-brake rods but they seem too whimpy
and flexible so I'll use Bugeye rods and modify them to fit.
And if anybody knows how to make paint stick to rubber, let me know.
Plastic paints do NOT work on rubber.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ