Re: joke no LBC

To: "b-evans@earthlink.net" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: joke no LBC
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 02:22:36 -0600
Well...   It took me a while as it is pretty obtuse...   Shrove
Tuesday in England has become known as "Pancake Day".  I didn't know
that. I don't recall that from when I lived there in the 60s.
Traditionally, on the day before lent begins one should use up all the
fats in the house. Many did so by making pancakes.

For the Yanks in the crowd see:

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/shrove.html

The joke was humorous much as the Citreon 2 CV is a sports car....   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget groaning in Dodge City

--
1964 R60/2 BMW