Re: Bad Jets

To: "Jack Laird" <jlaird237@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Bad Jets
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:28:35 -0600
On 2/1/07, Jack Laird <jlaird237@cox.net> wrote:
> Further and to answer question, the bad jets seem to have the jet hole off
> center.

I have started seeing a lot of this sort of thing in re-pop parts
lately. I just had to junk some re-pop frame parts for an antique
motorcycle I'm restoring because the mounting holes were all off by as
much as a 1/2 inch in all sorts of different directions. Obviously not
a case of the thing being missaligned in a jig or the holes would
still have been okay relative to each other. It looks as if the holes
were drilled one by one on a drill press and the operator simply
didn't measure properly for centers!  I also have a friend who does
BING carbs and he is having the same problem with parts ordered from a
re-pop house.  Just damned sloppy work!!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 MIdget in Dodge City