Re: Steering Wheel Adapter

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Adapter
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:58:34 -0500
derf wrote:

> You tried a welder?

Oh sure you can cut down a column and shorten it by welding it back
together but out right swapping of steering columns from side curtain
cars to anything else is not a direct drop in.
Different signal switch, longer shaft, horn wire, etc.
I tried to put a 65-67 column in a Bugeye because I had the adaptor for
a 67 wheel, it just didn't work. I did get an adaptor for the bugeye but
I had to have the hub machined to fit my Formula wood wheel.
I have a couple of adaptors for 65-67 Spridgets, none for a Bugeye.
And I did try to cut out the middle of a bugeye wheel hub to make an
adaptor. I failed miserably at that ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ