FW: Abrasive blast media

To: "'spridgets net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Abrasive blast media
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 14:43:43 -0500
Brad,

I have a 60 gal compressor and mostly use glass.  It'll clean off rust
without eating the metal.

I cleaned up 5 stock BE wheels and used alum oxide but it took me about 1hr
per wheel.  If the wheels you are cleaning are bad you may want to take it
to a shop that has a blaster with a BIG nozzle.  Probably cheaper in the
long run when you consider equipment wear and electric.

If have the harbor freight side loader, steel cabinet one with the glass
pane.  It leaks a little dust but not too bad.  Be sure to buy a bunch of
extra ceramic nozzles and a swivel for the gun.  Oh and get a bunch of the
glass liners.   They cloud over fast when doing something big like a wheel
that fills the cabinet.  Good inside cabinet lighting is a real plus.

I used Frank C's dust collector bong setup on a small shop vac and it works
very well.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa