Re: Where to go for parts?

To: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Where to go for parts?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 12:31:00 -0500
Robert Weeks wrote:

> So where do those in the know go for quality parts that fit and last?

Swap meets, Ebay but do watch for words like "Lucas Style" that means a
cheap repro, List folks are extremely helpful, and we do have vendors
who know their stuff on this list.
For interior stuff check with your local upholstry shop. Many more
choices for colors, quality, and a small shop owner takes pride in his work.
Rubber bits can be sourced from electrical suppliers, REAL rubber not
the new stuff that is black and lasts a whole month.
Sure some of the rubber you have to bite the bullet and buy from the
retailers, some you can find at an auto glass shop but an old shop that
has been around, new auto glass shops know glue only.
Cleaning up of 40-50 year old parts works very well and they last longer
than the new stuff. Lucas beehive rubbers for example.
The new (green box) Lucas headlight knob for a Bugeye just doesn't fit
unless you file it out. I have an NOS bugeye switch but the repro knob.
No dice, I did find an NOS knob on Ebay and it fits perfect.
AH Spares is another good source for parts. I had the same problem with
the bugeye ignition and keys, VB lists them but they are wrong. AHS
lists them and they fit perfect.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ