Still confused about the top

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still confused about the top
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:29:54 -0600
I finally got to take the bug-eye for its first extended drive Sunday.  It
runs great and is a ball to drive.  It is a real eye-catcher, too.  I picked
up three compliments between my house and my buddy's.

Now for my question.  I'm looking at the bug-eye on the cover of the Mo$$
Sprite-Midget catalog.  It clearly shows two lift-the-dot fasteners on the
top attached to the posts on the top corners of the windshield.  Now, does a
1/16" x 1/2" steel bar fit in the flap at the front of the top?  How long is
this piece?  Does it just ride in there and basically add stiffness to keep
the top in place?  Doesn't seem to be much of a seal.

Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)