Re: Car Names Explained

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Car Names Explained
From: "David Riker" <davriker@digitalpath.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:22:16 -0800
I can't help with all of these but Z71 is the actual line order code for a
Chevrolet off road package.  Every option has a code, and sooner or later,
the popular options take on a life of their own.  I believe GTO was also the
origional order code to get the big engine in the mid-sized Pontiac.
Automakers like to include "X" in the name because it reminds us men of
seX.....

David Riker
davriker@digitalpath.net
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg