RE: FW: Abrasive blast media and blast cabinets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: FW: Abrasive blast media and blast cabinets
From: "brian S" <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:27:50 -0500
I bought the harbor freight Metal benchtop toploader one a couple years ago.
Think it was $89. I bought it becasue the pro blasting shop near me gets $60
and hour to blast stuff. Wish I lived near Jim on Dodge City.....
Replaced the filter that came with it with a piece to adapt a shop vac hose.
  The inside florescent light inside quit after a few months. And I have to
stop every 10 mins or so to push the glass beads back down  to the feed,
because of the shallow bottom.

I use glass beads at the recommendation of a pro blasting shop nearby. They
work well on all the different types of stuff I've done. I haven't had to
replace any nozzles yet.

I haven't set up a bong like Frank's, tho maybe I should. I just use a bag
in my 16 gallon wet/dry shop vac. I have to put a piece of duct tape over
the hose end with a small slit in it, because otherwise the suction is too
great and it will suck the gloves right outta the cabinet. Have dont that
many times and is a ROYAL PITA.
I only have a 4hp 15 gallon Craftsman compressor, runs constantly but works
ok. Between the gloves pullin out and pushing the beads back to the bottom,
gives it a chance to rest.

I've blasted tons of stuff for my Bugeye. Has saved alot of time and money
redoing stuff, it's been worth it. Though I wish I knew about the TP cabinet
way back when. Looks like it would have been a much better investment for
$200.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto