Re: Vern Olson

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>, <RBHouston@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Vern Olson
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:46:54 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>
To: <RBHouston@aol.com>; <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:26 PM

www.airrace.org/

Here is the website, with ticket prices.  We usually go on Friday.  They are
still flying qualifying races, but the crowds are much less.  Tickets are
15-25 bucks depending on what day...you do not need reserved seating....in
fact sit with the Section 3 lunatics, you can't miss them; they are all
dressed in orange and boy do they have fun.  Pit passes are extra and
usually
equal to the gen admin. tickets, but are a MUST DO!!  Book flights several
months in advance.  Probably same with rooms.  All the hotels have shuttle
buses going to the races.  We stay with a friend so I'm not up on hotel
rates.

If you like engines.....you'll LOVE this event.

Geoff Branch

===============================

Guys,

One of the best, if not THE best, airshow in the world is right here in
Oshkosh, WI every year.  It is at the EAA (Experimental Aircraft
Association) convention each late July/early August.  The museum here has
over 250 historic airplanes and 5 movie theaters.

As a bonus, it is less than five miles from WST's (Flounder's) 6,000 square
feet Dream Farm Spridget shop where SOS happens each year.

You need to combine one of the best airplane venues/museums with one of the
best Spridget events going.  It's all in one place!!

As a bonus, my brother has a home right on the perimeter of the airport
property with a private hangar for his airplanes on a taxiway to the airport
grounds where he holds an annual party during the EAA Convention.  Best damn
seat in the house for the best damn airshow in the world.  Period.  And I
get you in for free.

Get there for God's sake,

LAD