Re: Car insurance problem off topic...

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Car insurance problem off topic...
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:55:27 -0800
Jim Juhas wrote:  "The problem I have is in figuring out the other
owner's insurance company's identity.....and we have to arrange the
repair and a rental at (the other driver's)  expense."

Unfortunately, Jim there is no insurance company listed as "California
CAI" or "California Accident Insurance" by either the California
Departments Motor Vehicles.or Insurance.  Don't you have  insurance?  If
so, the problem is simple, for your insurance company will take care of
that, for they will be going after her for the money.  Doesn't
Connecticut require that a person have insurance to obtain license
plates?  If so, it will have the insurance information.  Incidently,
some jurisdictions simply require a police officer to verify that the
person has insurance, and since it is a civil matter, do not necessarily
require all information to be written on a citation or accident report.

Buster Evans