More carb questions

To: "spridgets net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: More carb questions
From: "Jack Laird" <jlaird237@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:07:00 -0600
Fuel leaks gone now but..........

When I shoot a bit of carb cleaner at the throttle shaft rods, I get a quick
200 to 300 RPM increase from about 1300 which is as low as I can get things.
Engine also smooths out immideately. As you have seen from previous posts I
can not get idle below this range nor can I get the mixtures set. Always says
it is too lean. ie when you raise a piston 1/32 inch it wants to quit. The
engine is also very rough at lower speeds and will not jump to speed nor when
at 2K or so drop back to idle quickly. All is well over 2K even on the road.
Pulls good and smooth.

Now for the questions.

How much air leakage through the throttle bushing is acceptable??

How snug should they be? If you can tell they are moveing with your had is
that too much?

Is there a way to measure this movement?

Do you think I am on the right track?