Re: Car insurance problem off topic...

To: "Jim Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: Car insurance problem off topic...
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:59:45 -0600
> My insurance company's claims line representative couldn't identify the
> company, nor could my agent.  The problem with depending too much on your
> insurance COMPANY to ferret it out is that I would have had to file a
> claim with them to get them to do the work.  That leaves it on my record,
> even though we were not at fault.  Some companies and underwriters will
> boost your rates because of too many "incidents" regardless of fault.
> This confirmed by both my agent and my favorite body shop guy.

Very true, although they put a spin on it to say that they lower your rates
the longer you go without attracting any attention (ie not involving them or
getting any other form of value for your money). OTOH, there have been a
couple times that I HAVE involved them due to situations where the other
company was trying to screw me... it is nice to have someone with
expoerience AND a vested interest on your side.
David Lieb