Re: Thermostat and Electric Fan Advice and Qs

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Thermostat and Electric Fan Advice and Qs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:22:09 -0500
derf wrote:

>   Does the 1275 take a standard tstat?

Yup the same stat fits 90% of all vehicles (of the time era)

> The fan switch is like a temp sender.  Where is a good place to plumb it?
> The convenient location in the front of the head is taken by the temp gauge
> sender.

Down flow rad? A good place is where the temp probe goes on the rad.
Cross flow rad, uh get a down flow ;)
Or maybe the back left side of the block where the water drain tap
(plug) goes. 948s had a spogot, 1275s use a plug. I plumbed in a temp
idiot light on my 59 in that spot. I still have the gauge but I also
have an oil and temp idiot light to catch my attention should something
go wrong quickly.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ