Re: 1949 MG TC Custom, Special~ EASY project - $6500 (mendocino

To: mgcharlie@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1949 MG TC Custom, Special~ EASY project - $6500 (mendocino
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:17:31 -0600
On 2/12/07, Richard Feibusch <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net> wrote:
> 1949 MG TC Custom, Special~ EASY project - $6500 (mendocino county)
>
> SOMBODY PLEASE SAVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'd have to be someone with way more money than brains!!  It would
not be easy or cheap to put the body back to original TC as it looks
like all that remains close to original is the doors and parts of the
tub and possibly the front scuttle. Everything else has been
mutilated. The wheels are wrong and from the sound of it the brakes
are too so who knows what else in the running gear has been
bastardized. Of course the bonnet has bee chopped up and the radiator
cowl is wrong as is the engine, tranny, dash instruments and likely
the wiring.

What you could do is to take the doors off and drive another TC in
under them.....

I hate it when people do things like this to an absolutely beautiful
automobile thinking they are making it look "cool".  It seems somehow
fitting to be located in "HotRodornia".   ;-)

I say unplug the life support and let the poor thing die.

Cheers!!
Jim - Who once owned a REAL TC.