Re: Sprite boot emblem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite boot emblem
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:29:26 -0500
Okay it's now my turn to add to this subject.

I have waited to comment because I wanted to find the source (in writing) of
the what and why of the gold versus chrome arrows.  I am still rereading all
the books in an attempt to identify the source.

What I remember reading was that all the bugeyes/frogeyes had gold arrows
from the factory.  It was sometime after production of the bugeye/frogeye
had ceased BMC exhausted it's supply of gold arrows and new arrows were
sourced. Those 'new' arrows were chrome!  If you ordered a replacement arrow
after '62/63 timeframe what you got was a chrome arrow in a nice BMC
red/white/blue box.

Maybe someone should ask Ray English downunder, he may be able to answer the
gold versus chrome debate.

Biff Jones
'Frogarri' '59 Bugeye
'Ole Gray' '61 AH Sprite