Re: PCV Valve

To: Dean Swanson <d.swanson@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PCV Valve
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:29:03 GMT
Dean....

for some reason, the first few paragraphs of my earlier post on this subject
did not show up on my just preceeding list post on this subject (which is why I
am copying in mjb on this).

It more or less stated:

The earlier intake manifold mounted "flying
saucer" PCV valve used a filtered plastic oil
filler cap for it's specifically-sized crankcase inlet air port ("graduated
orifice") while the
PCV tube-equipped SU carbs. used a feed line from the carbon cannister (fuel
system) as a crankcase inlet air feed through a specifically sized inlet hole
via a fitting on the valve cover.

The inlet/outlet sources are interchangeable. It's the size of the graduated
orifices "on each end" that should be maintained.

(The rest is in the just pre-ceeding list post)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)