Re: Need to get cranky. Actual LBC content

To: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: Need to get cranky. Actual LBC content
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:41:52 -0800
Hi Hal,

That certainly is a lot of end play, but what was the thickness of the
thrust washers?  The worn standard ones might have been significantly
thinner than they were when new.  The new washers (APT VPW41-5) are
available in .005 over and maybe more.  They actually are always more than
marked.  Just the way they're made now.  APT also has some that are thick,
whatever that is! (APT VP-THICK)   Getting new standards to fit typically
takes a lot of work with a sanding block to get them to fit.

Call APT and see about those "Thick" washers and maybe you can salvage your
crank.

Paul A