Re: NO LBC--Prius

To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: NO LBC--Prius
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:51:26 -0800
OK, I found the CR magazine with the comparable cost of the hybrids vs.
their gas only counterparts.

I won't go into the plus and minuses of owning a more fuel efficient car and
some other points, but rather just the cost penalties.  It was calculated
for a 5 year 75,000 mile period.  The cost penalty was in the higher
purchase price, additional sales taxes at purchase time, extra insurance,
extra depreciation, extra financing cost, and some other costs and savings.
All were calculated with the hybrid tax credit which will be phased out when
the mfg. builds 60,000 cars.

The Prius added cost was $5250.  The lowest added cost was for the Honda
Civic at $3700 and the highest was for the Lexus at $13,100.  They didn't
run the chart out to the 10 year 150,000, so likely the savings per year
would change some.

This is found in the April 2006 issue starting on page 18.

I'm trying to keep the mention of the magazine name to a minimum so Bill
Loeb doesn't have an apoplexy attack!!  I'm neutral and only a messenger, so
don't attack me!!

Later, Paul A