Re: LBC vs grass cutter...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC vs grass cutter...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:27:21 -0500
I was buying a home defect weed eater once a year.
I tried to rebuild one but ask for a piston ring for a cheapo gas engine
and they laugh at you.
I went to a real mower supplier, he sold me a $250 weedwhacker that is
now going on it's 5th year. I did have to buy a new spool of cutting
cord last year but it starts with the old gas on the 2nd pull every
time. It would have been $500 with the $100 specials each year.
Same deal with a lawnmower, I think mine is 7 or 8 years old now.
I did change the oil for the first time last year and I cleaned the
spark plug.
The leaf blower is another story, it's a home defect special for under
$100 and I have to pretty much overhaul it once a year and tighten the
muffler which like to loosen up and rewind the cord by turning the fan
blade but the good ones are huge and I really can do what I need to with
a rake and a broom or wait til Fathers day and ask for another blower.
Hey when it breaks, I WILL take it apart to find out why.
I just got the neighbor's snow blower going for him. It had a rubber
float needle seat that "goes away" with old gas. $3 for the kit and it
runs fine.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ