VW stuff Was: Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: VW stuff Was: Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:25:14 -0400
The wife has an '05 Jetta with the 2.5. It runs great and the only
issue she has had in 30K miles (50 mile one way commute) is the
factory or dealer set the parking brake too tight and killed the rear
brakes. Not the Tiptronic, a 5 speed manual. I like it. I like it a lot.

BTW her son bought a used vanangon camper and drove it across the US
from PA to CA and back. No issues. But being an english teacher (let's
see who jumps on me for that), he for got to check the oil and burned
up the motor, 3 months after returning from the 3 month cross country.
And no, I do not recall the year.

Larry

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.