Things come back

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "K. Valentine"
Subject: Things come back
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:28:02 -0400
I bought and restored a Midget, picked it up in Carlisle some 5 years
ago. Restored it, painted it resale red and the Aussys used it at Sprite
Spree 03.
Kevin, you remember this car, you towed it out of Carlisle for me.
So I sold it the day I brought home my 59 Bugeye shell, one in, one out,
Diane was sort of happy to see one go but so so happy to see another get
dropped in the driveway. But the one that went paid cash ;) and more
than what I paid for the one that came home that day.
Time goes on, I got a call last night from a guy needing a Midget seat,
I told him I had one. He stops over tonight, guess what car he has?
Yup, the resale red Midget I sold 5 years ago. Only it's not the guy I
sold it to, this guy introduces himself as "Father John" retired from St
Barnabus.
Well we didn't have time to replace the busted seat but I did fix the
generator mount, hook up the oil gauge, get the tail lamps working, and
found out why the fuel gauge didn't work. (ripped out wire to the
sender) tighten the dizzy, set the timing, and the carbs and the car ran
like a champ again. Father John was extremely happy now. And he wanted
to pay me. How do you take money from a priest? I told him to just say a
prayer for me cause I need all the heavenly help I can get ;)
Saturday we drop the tank and replace the seat.
The car still looks good other than a few PO mods to some mechanicals
that I fixed in a 1/2 hour tonight.
How close is a metric nut to a 3/8 x 24? I had to use a 16mm wrench to
loosen the genny bracket, I know it's a 9/16 wrench, and the nut was jap
gold like alot of metric hardware.
Anyway, it looks like I now have a charity case Midget to keep running.
At least I'm catholic ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ