Re: More Ribcase Q'

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: More Ribcase Q'
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:45:43 -0400
David Lieb wrote:

> Sure it makes a
> difference, but enough to actually notice?

I noticed it right away.
Not that I timed it or checked it out mechanically but the seat of my
pants sure feels the difference.
Look at it logically, the revs spin up much quicker thus getting you
there "much quicker" ;)
If you recall the quirks about the Datsun clutch being like a toggle
switch, on/off type, well it was to some degree.
And the alum flywheel needs feathering of the clutch or some getting
used to.
Well the 2 cancel each other out.
I agree about all those heavy turning parts but whatever weight I saved
by going to aluminum on a major spinning part did make a noticable
difference on my Sprite. Bolt it on and notice the difference.
Same with the Weber DCOE, very noticable. Cam was noticable as was the
timing belt vs chain but not as noticable.
2 things that sent me flying were the Weber and flywheel.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ