jack stands

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: jack stands
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:15:59 -0500
OK, all you experts (what's a "pert"?) out there.  As my eldest has
permanently taken possession of my jack stands I'm in the market for new
ones.  Not wanting to experience crushing chest pains (of any kind) I
thought I'd query (spelled correctly..I looked it up as I'm more of an
entomologist than an etymologist) the collective.

I would like some tall stands that would get the Bugeye at least 18" in
the air so I have a little more arm room for cleaning, etc..
Sears has changed and I won't trust my health to HF and that ilk.  I've
been looking at the NAPA stands but don't know if they're any better.
All opinions pertaining to the above are welcome.
TIA,
Dave
59 :{)
05 MCS