Re: Isuzu dizzie

To: "Weber, Chris" <cweber@advanced-input.com>
Subject: Re: Isuzu dizzie
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:44:18 -0600
Here is some concrete info:

Isuzu Starter #16878, direct bolt-in replacement high torque gear
reduction style starter:

1989-90 Isuzu Amigo 2.6L

1989-94 Isuzu Amigo 2.3L

1988-89 Isuzu Impulse 2.3L

1985-89 Isuzu Impulse 2.0L Turbo

1988-89 Isuzu Pickup 2.6L

1986-94 Isuzu Pickup 2.3L

1988-90 Isuzu Trooper 2.6L

1986-87 Isuzu Trooper 2.3L

Isuzu/MG similar Distributor, requires physical modification, but
simply wires to coil plus and miuns.  Requires shortening of shaft and
installation of MG drive dog.  The shaft is a little thinner than the
Lucas shaft, but it still works.  May also require slight shortening
of the dizzy body.  Fits good in Spridget, looks close to stock.

Make Model Year Engine
ISUZU PICKUP 86-87 2.0L
ISUZU PICKUP 83-85 2.0L
ISUZU TROOPER 84-86 2.0L Thru 1/86
ISUZU I MARK 1985 1.8L
ISUZU I MARK 83-84 1.8L

Cardone 31-550
Cap Wells DR938
Rotor Wells JA911

The Hitachi dizzy works, too, but is a very tight fit in the Spridget
engine bay.  I'll email you the .pdf regarding the swap directly.  I
have done both Hitachi (from Nissan) and Nippon (from Isuzu)
conversions.  I currently have the Nippon on the car.  You can also do
GM or Mitsubishi alternator conversions and Geo radiator conversions.

Cheers,
Derf

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of
hitachidizzy.pdf]