Re: Help -

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help -
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:52:55 -0400
More than I can say for the rest of the car!

JD

Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:17:51 -0400

From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>

Subject: Re: Help - Weird Rear Brake Problem

Bud,

It could be the adjuster wedges are too short or it could be the shoes
are

not quite right.

We ran into the same problem at Grattan a few years ago with John
Deikis'

race Midget.  We couldn't adjust the rear brakes tight enough to do any

good.  I believe all of the parts on John's car were original except for
the

shoes.  We solved the problem by having a guy with a TIG welder add
about

1/16" to the shoes in the area where the adjuster wedge contacts the
shoe.

Worked great!

Rick