Re: 948 engine/tranny weight

To: "Weber, Chris" <cweber@advanced-input.com>
Subject: Re: 948 engine/tranny weight
From: "charlie shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:13:53 -0500 (CDT)
Chris,
I just did this a few weeks ago, using the following:
2ton HF chain hoist, attached to the 3" purlin rat run in my shop.  I did
fortify the rat run with some ratchet straps around the purlan going to
the peak, just to keep the stress down on that c channel.  I saw no stress
what so ever it is fairly light in the terms of engine tranny. After
unhooking everything, I think the entire process took maybe five minutes,
I just hoisted it and pushed the car back with my foot.  Hope that helps.

Charlie
59 Sprite