Mild soapbox - cell phones

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mild soapbox - cell phones
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 20:00:56 -0700 (PDT)
Listerati,
I don't mean to be preachy (this time), but tomorrow
I'm flying to NY for a funeral for my best friend's
mother, who was like a 2nd mom to me. She finally
succumbed after 4 1/2 months in the hospital after she
was hit by an inattentive driver on a cell phone when
leaving church. The woman who hit her was not a drunk,
not a criminal - just a 41 yr old mom / Sunday school
teacher who becam complacent and wasn't paying
attention like millions of drivers on the road today.
With the nature of this list, I know I'm preaching to
the choir here, but please, PLEASE remember to hang up
and drive.

Ron