Re: Welders MIG or TIG?

To: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Welders MIG or TIG?
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 07:27:02 -0600
Again, get the Lincoln MIG.  They are >$500 and good machines.  Some
have spoken up about the quality of the Italian MIGs.  I checked at
the local HF and all I saw were made in China.  I didn't even see
Hobarts, though I've seen them there before.
With a TIG you can weld soda cans together, if you have the skill and
desire.  While you can't really do this with the MIG, you can do
auto/body work.  Body shops use MIGs.  TIGs are cool, and can do some
cool stuff, especially if you have the skill to use them.  They are
more expensive than MIGs.  But, for what you want and your price
range, the Lincoln MIG is the one.
Cheers,
Derf