RE: Here we go....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Here we go....
From: Dave Yealy <lbc@littlebitcountry.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 16:08:34 -0400
Stopped at the bank yesterday and when I came out there was a guy
standing there looking at my Bugeye. We chatted a little about the
car and he asked me if I would like to own another !!! I said I
already have 3 and the SWMBO would kill me if I brought another car
home. He asked if I wouldn't mind stopping over and take a look at it
anyway to see what I think he could get for it. I stopped over after
I was done with what I had to do and he opened the garage door, as
the door was going up he said this car hasn't seen the light of day
for over 12 years, I thought, this ought to be good. Well the door
opened and there under a pile of rugs and whatever was a car. We
uncovered it and lo and behold was a 1960 bugeye with 57,000 miles on
the odometer that was in as original shape that I have ever seen. He
got to talking about it and come to find out he was restoring it to
concourse condition "about" 12 years ago, it had to be longer than 12
years ago. Other than dust and a few "tiny" spots of rust and I mean
tiny this car looked like it came off the show room floor. It had all
the bells and whistles you could order with a "new" bugeye except the
judson blower, which he sold some years ago, oh yea, the original
hard top with the original back window. The interior was like new
with the original rubber floor mat through out and the ribbed rubber
door panels and the list of extra items can go on and on. Then he
said there is a ton of old parts up above the garage that he bought
years ago that he also would also like to get rid of. He said some of
the items in the attic are still in the boxes from when he bought the
stuff. I handed him my card with my phone number and told him to
contact me whenever he needs help cleaning out the attic of the
garage and that I would be more than willing to give him a hand with
that task. As for the car, I would not have a clue what he could get for it.
Why wasn't I born rich rather than good looking ???

Dave