Knock Sensor Installed but now more trouble

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Knock Sensor Installed but now more trouble
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 19:48:52 -0400
Derf & List,

I recently had a knock sensor installed after my 94 SW2 with 100K miles on
the motor/trans indicated the knock sensor was bad via the code reader and
the symptoms were high rpm's and low power and check engine light on. I have
had this new knock sensor installed and had no more trouble for 1 week but
yesterday on the freeway the rpm's shot up to 4K higher than before and the
speed dropped from 75 to 60 mph and then the temperature doubled and the
check engine light went on. I immediately turned on the heater to cool the
engine down and limped all the way to my mechanic. The mechanic had trouble
with his computer and removed the code on my car. Any ideas as to my trouble
and which is a good code reader for a 94 Saturn SW2 that I can purchase? Is
it possible when my mechanic installed the knock sensor he needed to do
something else after installation or is this a whole new problem?

Thanks Linda