Re: Losing my mind or cursed car

To: David Riker <davriker@digitalpath.net>
Subject: Re: Losing my mind or cursed car
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 23:47:16 -0400
Thanks David,

I'll give that a try. Pretty soon all of the parts from the '69 will
have been moved over to the '70. The funny thing is that the '69 was
really dependable but it was a rust bucket. The '70 on the other hand
has almost no rust but you never know if you can make it around the
block in it. In the '69 I'd fix something once and that was it. The '70
fix it, fix it again and then fix it two more times for some items. I'm
not the sharpest tool in the shed but I've rebuilt engines and do all of
my own work and more or less know my way around. My first sprite came
home with most of the car in milk crates and I got it running by myself
in very little time without any help. (This was before the  days of the
Internet). Anyway, this car really has been trying my patience and
draining my bank account in the month that I've owned it.

I've got a five year old kid and he really wants to go to and have "our
car" be in this local British car show next weekend. I don't really care
much about entering in shows either way, but since he's been asking
about this for a year now I've been trying to get this car running
dependably enough so I can put it in the show for him. If it wasn't for
him I wouldn't care if it just sat in the driveway until my bank account
had a chance to catch its breath and I had taken care of all the things
I've been neglecting while I spend every free minute on this car, but it
looks like I'll be doing what I can to try to get it to the show next
weekend one way or another for the boy.

After that I'm torching it if it doesn't shape up. ;-)

Robert