Re: Losing my mind - update

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Losing my mind - update
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:07:20 -0400
Came home and jacked up the rear axle as far as it would go and then
some. No forward movement of the engine. Took a quick look and saw that
the tranny mount screws were all there. I have a pretty bad respiratory
infection and I didn't quite feel up to crawling up under the car in the
gravel driveway so I'm leaving the driveshaft and tranny mounts for now.

Jacked up the engine this morning and no play in the motor mounts that I
see. I got to thinking about the pulley thing and the missing space
between the fan and the radiator. I measured one shroud against the
other, then went and pulled out another water pump that I have. The
water pump in the car looks to have a longer drive shaft (for lack of a
better word) than the other pump I have that came on the car. The one in
the car now was from the '69. It was relatively new so I put it in the
'70 when I did the first expolding fan and radiator combo in attempt to
cover all the bases when I started having overheating problems.

The water pump in the '69 was sold as the "correct" pump. I'm pretty
sure I got it from MiniMania when I rebuilt the engine in the '69. It
looks like the shorter one should work to fix this problem (I sure hope
so, I'm getting sick of this) but I'm a little curious as to what is the
correct size for the water pump.

I don't know what is going on here but I really am my own worst enemy
these days. If I keep this up someone will have to come and confiscate
my tools.

Thanks,

Robert