geo metro radiator again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: geo metro radiator again
From: "Weber, Chris" <cweber@advanced-input.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:07:40 -0700
So I can't figure out the geo metro radiator conversion.

I visited several junkyards and looked at about 15 metros.  All the
radiators measured the same.  In fact the manual tranny versions I found
('87 to '92) was just as tall as the auto tranny ones I saw?

I thought all years would work.  Is there a specific year auto
transmission metro I should be using?

I took home one to install.

I might be slow but I can't figure out how to make it fit?  My
understanding was that those who have done this did not need to modify
the car in any way but just fab some brackets.  The only way I can
visualize fitting this is to remove the stock radiator mounts and mount
the metro one at an angle,  Plus the steering rack seems to go right
through where the electric fan wants to be.

I would appreciate any insight into this and pictures of your installs
would be a huge help.

Thanks!!

Chris

'60 Bugeye