Re: Well, it's not the water pump.../ Mission accomplished!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Well, it's not the water pump.../ Mission accomplished!
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 07:51:59 -0500
> Looks factory to me!  Good job.  I got home at the end of your saga, but
> your solution is a good one.  I see your bottom hose reaches fine.  I have
> a 1500 shroud on my 1275 Midget to add clearance to eventually replace the
> plastic fan with an electric one.  If someone else ever faces this, I made
> a lower hose by taking a spare upper hose and cutting off just part of it
> to fit the lower location.

That is what I did, too, but no matter how I did it, it still compromised
water flow to some degree because the angle in the hose is supposed to
be tighter than 90*, so I considered it a temporary fix. I have since
stopped by my local Murray's Auto Parts and got invited into the stacks to
select the hose that I wanted. Goodyear #63299 seems to be just the ticket.
Another David