Re: Gas Tank Venting

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Venting
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 01:18:05 +1000 (EST)
derf <derf247@gmail.com> wrote:
  Is that a slant 6 hemi? I didn't know they made 6 hemis?

  Hi Derf,
  No, we had 225c.i. slants here in australia, up until 1970 when the
all-aussie HEMI 6 was introduced... and a gem of an engine it is. available in
215ci, 245ci and 265ci and optioned from sedate to absolutely mental states of
tune,  including triple webers.. capable of propelling a decent sized coupe to
a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile... not too shabby for it's day.
  the conrods are still sought after for transplant into other engines.

  google: CHARGER E49.

  I have owned several valiants... I love them. slant 6 are a great engine, I
believe in the USA they even came in a 170c.i. all alloy version... only 2 i
know of in australia..one in a guys car in Adelaide...the other on a stand in
his hallway..

  My 1971 245ci coupe with it's single barrel carb and "3 on the tree" manual
transmission gets better milage than many much newer, lighter cars of similar
or less engine displacement.

  Andy

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in
Australia?  Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.