Re: Wiper questions

To: James Pickard <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Wiper questions
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 23:20:54 -0400
James Pickard wrote:

> 1) The wiper motor (Mk I Sprite) works, but it doesn't park all the way to
> one side.  Is this normal?  If not, how can I adjust it?

> 2) On which side are the wipers supposed to park?

Loosen the cap on the wiper motor and turn it til the wipers park where
you want them to. That red wire on the cap is the park switch lead.

As for what side they park on, it's usually the drivers side.
And you can bend the tips of the arms to accomodate which side you want.
Put em in a vise and give them a gentle tweak.
I had to make mine on my RH drive car park on the right side.
I also bent the arms in a vise and they worked fine.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ