Re: road trip

To: "The Mayers" <gmeyer01@snet.net>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: road trip
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 22:32:12 -0500
> Does anyone have an aftermarket cruise control installed?
My right foot got tired and hot.

Gary,
I installed the Audiovox unit in my Midget over the winter.
It came with the kit to mount a magnet on the driveshaft as
wellas to use the distributor pulse. I tried valiantly to make
it work with the magnet, but to no avail. It would work fine
as far as 60mph, then drop out. I varied the settings for
pulses per mile, but it wasn't enough. I finally said to myself
that the coil would give me more pulses per mile, hence
more precise and set the switches for distributor-only
and it has been working like a trouper ever since. Quite
happy with it so far. Yes, it is vacuum-operated; I made
a vacuum tank as illustrated on one of the websites
showing its use on a motorcycle.
David Lieb
1972 Blue