Re: road trip

To: "The Mayers" <gmeyer01@snet.net>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: road trip
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:21:59 -0500
Gary,
The one I got is the Audiovox CCS100. Amazon has them for $89.95.
In the process of making mine happy, I built and installed a vacuum
reservoir. I suppose I should bypass it now to find out whether it is
realy necessary. Do not bother with the magnets. Their recommendation
is to use one magnet, which would yield one pulse per driveshaft
rotation. Using the coil, you get two pulses per rotation in 4th gear
(a little less if in 5th), which is technically more precise than the
magnet.
My issue was that the magnet worked fine up to 60mph, then it seemed
to decide I was going too fast and just dropped out. The tech at
Audiovox was convinced the vacuum reservoir would fix it, so I put it
on. It made no difference. I finally tried it without the magnet and it was
beautiful. I love it. I do not know how fast it will accept, but I know it
works up to 4000rpm (80mph in 5th). Good enough for me.

When you get ready to install it, drop me a line and I will take some
pictures of how I connected the linkage to the accelerator.
David